Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Going Out Your Door

Clearly this whole blogging thing hasn't been working the way I thought it would. My world and my career path accelerated much much faster than I was prepared to handle in a very short amount of time, and I suddenly found myself pushing against the walls of the life I had created for myself. Wanderlust combined with stagnation and a mild case of depression, and I left where I was for someplace bigger, more complicated. Where I had been was perfect for right out of school - it was relatively simple, and mostly self-guided and unmonitored. I flitted about solidifying myself as someone "In The Real World", and once the responsibilities had (mostly) become routine, I found that my life required more than what the place (and people) around me could offer.

 Now, it wasn't a drastic "leave everything behind and start afresh like a newborn babe" sort of move, - more like a tributary joining a creek sort of move. I'm still me, but I'm me as a part of a bigger environment. Now I have to figure out how life works here. I've updated the sidebars with things I have accomplished, and new things I wish to accomplish. I'll leave you with one of my favorite quotations of all time:

 “It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” -J.R.R. Tolkein, The Lord Of The Rings

 -Gingko

No comments: