Friday, October 4, 2013

Friday Favorites




Does anyone else think this is kinda what the Quiddich World Cup would look like to muggles?

I've never done drugs, and it worries me that people actually think this drug is a good idea.  Injecting that nonsense into your veins?  They're saying it's cheaper than heroine and just as addictive...

In the double-standard sexual culture we live in, how do you feel about the word slut?  This play is an exploration of the types of reactions people have to rape and the double standard.

As someone who struggles with ADD, I found this article comforting.
The idea that young adults, particularly women, actually have ADHD routinely evokes skepticism. As a fairly driven adult female who had found the strength to sit through biology lectures and avoid major academic or social failures, I, too, was initially perplexed by my diagnosis. My peers were also confused, and rather certain my psychiatrist was misguided. “Of course you don’t have ADHD. You’re smart,” a friend told me
I must be one of the few people not inextricably drawn to Paris, but this panorama of Paris at night is beautiful.

As someone who feels very close to the LGBTQ community, This video brought me to tears.  And this one made me smile.

Eventually I will explore the world and this list of 101 things to know, may be helpful.

I've seen this before, but the attention to detail and patience involved in these resin paintings just awes me.

Let's time travel for a bit with nikon.  Do you know what happened on this day in the past?

 10 random science facts for your Friday!

Bucket List item?  I think so!

What have you found on the wild interwebs this week?

No comments: