Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Wednesday Wishlist

 So I've been stuck in a rut because my apartment is just SO cold and I refuse to turn on the heat until it's properly cold out and waking up and working from a 66 degree apartment is just not cool at all.  So I've been in pj pants and a hoodie.  I feel like maybe if I dressed up more to sit around and do actual work that I'd be a lot more productive.  I had this rule in college when I was applying for jobs where I would never take a phone interview in my pajamas.  I got dressed to the nines for that call.  And two calls in - I got a job.  It's all about how you feel about yourself during times of stress.  And what's better than feeling like you look fantastic - it's one less thing you have to worry about.  (That nuisance little voice in your head can just shush itself for a little bit while you concentrate on more important things).  Here's what I should be wearing:




What I should be wearing



Plaid button up shirt
factory.jcrew.com


J.Crew mid rise skinny jeans
factory.jcrew.com


TOMS slipon shoes
$53 - gravitypope.com




Unfortunately, the shirt is in the wash, and I am not wearing jeans around my house... just because I'm ever so slightly overweight and nothing fits comfortably... and I don't own that sweater... but that's the kind of stuff I should be wearing instead of the hoodie from a college I didn't go to......

Anyways...

I seem to be on a jewelry kick right now because this bracelet is calling my name.  And the midi rings from Catbird? Perfection.

This chick gets me when it comes to sweets, and the person who can find me these would be elevated to ultimate food finder status (it comes with a sweet sticker!)  And who can say no to cinnamon apple cookies? Clearly not me.


As I'm about to slipcover my couch (in a lovely navy blue), this dvd may or may not be extremely helpful.



No comments: