Friday, October 11, 2013

Friday Favorites








I love that Janet Yellen's nomination isn't remarkable because she's a woman, but because she's a democrat.

26 things you may not know about one of my favorite movies ever, The Princess Bride.


I am in a very crafty mood lately and lighted cherry blossoms seem right up my alley... perhaps for beside the bed?

This essay about quitting hit me really hard this week.
If you don’t want to do something anymore, you don’t have to do it. Accomplishment for the sake of accomplishment is a waste. Does it feel incredible to achieve a goal? Of course – but only if that goal is something you truly want.
The battle for October: Breast Cancer vs Domestic Violence - why Breast Cancer "won".

This story is one of the reasons why I volunteer with Finding Shelter.

After spending many nights thinking about how in hell I can behave more adult and less like a confused college kid wearing mommy's adult shoes, I bought this book to get some guidance.

And this post from Jenn over at Epbot made me think about how my anxiety affects me.

Struggling with what to do to help people who are in serious need since the government shutdown?  The Bloggess gives several suggestions.


No comments: