Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Weekly Goals

Let's recap last week's goals and discuss them:

  1. Clean out behind the couch in preparation for the large wooden bookshelf move to the other side
  2. Finish spray painting the nightstand and install the new drawer pull
  3. Go through and throw out one magazine a day
  4. Do a load of laundry a day
  5. Start spray painting the desk

Number one was accomplished with flying colors - I even moved the large bookshelf to the other side.  I'll post "In-progress" pictures of everything sometime soon.  It's such a difference to have the big wooden thing in a corner so that your eye isn't instantaneously drawn to its massive hulking darkness (not that it's its fault that it's just so massive and draws your eyes to it instantly, so that you forget you are in a high ceilinged room with a skylight).

Number two was also accomplished to completion.  I will have pictures as soon as I can clean up the mess I made from moving the bed around and whatnot.

Number three... not such a success.  I maybe made it through three magazines or so - definitely not one a day.  I am trying to integrate this into my bedtime routine so that I become more accustomed to it.

Number four - Did laundry three days - but I've run out of quarters so a run to the bank is necessary before I can continue on this task - it will continue on to the next week.

Number five - A ROARING success as I am now sitting on my newly spray painted and totally rad desk.  I just have to figure out how to put all the things I want on it and have it not look like someone just tossed a bunch of crap on a flat surface....


This week's goals:


  1. Finish spray painting the other nightstand and put in place
  2. Create a bedtime routine that includes going through one magazine before bed
  3. Go to the bank and get quarters and continue working on mount washmore
  4. Move the boy's bookcase to the new corner and begin the process of filling it with cookbooks and canned goods
  5. Begin cleanup of second bedroom aka removing obvious trash.  


No comments: